Winterhawk - Revival CD. Official reissue of all-time classic hard rock guitar album featuring axe-master Jordan Macarus. If you love hard rock lead guitar action then do yourself a huge favor and grab this thing immediately! This thing overflows with a powerful Rush meets Blackfoot hard rock sound. Winterhawk was a classic hard progressive rock band that thrived in Chicagos late 70s rock scene that included groups like Sorcery, Arion, The Hounds, Cheap Trick, Pentwater, M&R Rush, Off Broadway and more. Originally released posthumously in 1982 as a private press record, its now very collectable and sells for over $150 each. This is the latest CD pressing on the new Vintage sub-label of Rockadrome with expanded 12-page booklet containing liner notes, interview and photos. Its simply a must-have release for any hard rock / classic rock collection.
3) Period of Change
4) Can't See the Forest for the Trees
6) Ace in the Hole
7) Free to Live
- "You can bet your bottom dollar that somewhere at the opposite end of the Time Tunnel, Winterhawk's seven-minute piece de resistance Period of Change is more revered than Kansas's Dust in The Wind, and Macarus is playing in Deep Purple instead of Steve Morse. Seriously, Winterhawk are that good." - Geoff Barton (Classic Rock)
- "If I could take any single record with me to a desert island, this would be it." - Enlightened Chaos
- "...midwest hardrock band whose melodic hardrock is some of the best we've heard; great guitar leads and songs in a Jeronimo-Jericho-Masters
zone;" - Subliminal Sounds
- "...recommended to all hard rockers.." - Metal Invader
- "...brilliant guitar playing, great singing.." - Snakepit
- "A music torrent bursts out full of imposing,extra terrestial,destructive solos that will lead you to the greatest orgasm you ever had.." - Steel Conjuring
- "In my past twenty years as an addict of heavy guitar music, I have never heard anyone who played the electric guitar like Jordan Macarus. The three songs that Macarus wrote on his own in 1979 ("Period of change", "Revival" and "Free to live") I shall take with me into my grave, because I don't think I will ever hear anything like that again even in the afterlife." - Sacred Metal
Tell a friend
Customers Also Bought
Purchase 3 or more items and you'll receive a 15% discount off the subtotal in your shopping cart! Discount is applied during checkout!