Various Artists - St. Albert's Dream LP. Limited edition vinyl-only hand-numbered pressing of 800 copies that's one of the heaviest fuzz psych garage comps ever made; psychedelia with an acid inspired sound throughout. There's 11 extra heavy cuts originally recorded from 1968 to 1972 by 11 different very obscure bands from all over the U.S. All the tracks are authorized, restored and re-mastered from various sources, including unreleased master tapes and newly discovered acetates. None of these tracks have previously been comped on vinyl anywhere. These unknown bands include Oracle, Wheatridge, the funereal organ and sludge guitar of Greylock Mansion, a 7 minute Hendrix space fuzz anthem by Frozen Sun and seven more similar unknown bands that leave you with a record full of acid-drenched trippy lyrics, swirling organ, spacey effects and heavy guitar with tons of fuzz and thumpin' wah-wah. The wildly colorful cryptic psychedelic cover is a brother to Cream's 'Disreali Gears' or Golden Dawn's 'Power Plant'; obviously over-the-top! (m-/m-, new unplayed)
1. Greylock Mansion - Catafalque (1970)
2. Butter - 615 (1970)
3. Jerimiah - Tomorrow Never Comes (1969)
4. Weasel - Lonesome Goodbye Blues (1969)
5. Wheatridge - Come Along With Me (1970)
6. Oracle - Gravestone For Mother (1972).
1. Brand X - Come On Home (1970)
2. Mechanical Switch - Spongeman (1968)
3. Murphy's Law - July Morning (1972)
4. Sleepy Hollow - Feelin' Glad (1969)
5. Frozen Sun - Electric Soul (1968).
No posts found